TOWN OF STARK, NH
Select Board Meeting Minutes
Tuesday August 29, 2023
Stark Town Office
Call to Order
Select Board Chair, Glenn Wiggin, called the meeting to order at 6 pm.
Persons Present for All or Part of the Entire Meeting
Select Board Members: Glenn Wiggin, Lisa Demers, Jim Walsh; Office Manager, Patty Peel
Rodney Monahan, Dennis Lunn, Bob Gale, Cheryl Gale, Stephan Gilman, Ray Perkins,
Read and approve minutes from previous meeting—August 22, 2023
Select Board Chair, Glenn Wiggin, made a motion to waive reading of minutes, 2nd Jim Walsh
All SB members voted in the affirmative. Motion Passed
Sign Checks & Manifest 33A Totaling $86.40
Manifest 33A Signed
Sign Checks & Manifest 35 Totaling $39859.05
Manifest 35 & Checks Signed
Sign Heritage Center Check & Manifest 21 Totaling $26.73
Manifest 21 & Checks Signed
Sign MS-1 Summary Inventory of Valuation
Sign AVENU Addendum A: Interware Service Agreement for Electronic Payment Processing Device
AVENU Addendum A Signed
- Transfer Station
- Select Board reviewed and edited the Operating Plan for the Transfer Station through page 18.
- Stephan Gilman presented updated layout of Transfer Station
- Jim Walsh shared information necessary to submit Permit by Notification (topographical map showing TS location & Coos County Deed information; TS Deed found at Book/Page 769/355).
- Motion made by Lisa Demers: Highway Department, Fire Department, and Haulers will have access to the Transfer Station by key and/or combination lock; hauler will attempt to contact a certified operator prior to access but may enter if contact is not made. 2nd by Glenn Wiggin Motion Passed; all voted in the affirmative.
- This will be added to page 10 of the Operating Plan under Facility Access Control. Jim Walsh added that it would be appropriate to also include on pages 17, 19, 20, and 21. For the highway dept and fire dept add to page 23 and for the fire department page 25.
- Stephan Gilman, TS Operator, will get clarification on the following:
- Batteries—-hazardous waste or universal waste?
- What should be done with broken fluorescent tubes?
- Can pallets be burned?
- Emergency Call List
- Patty Peel, Glenn Wiggin, Lisa Demers, James Walsh
Jim Walsh spoke with Dereck Croteau of Croteau’s Lawn Service regarding his mowing contract, which requires him to have SB permission to mow after September 1. Jim Walsh made a motion to allow Croteau’s Lawn Service to mow once a week through September. 2nd by Glenn Wiggin Motion Passed by unanimous vote.
Glenn Wiggin made a motion to adjourn at 8:06, 2nd by Jim Walsh Motion Passed
The meeting adjourned at 8:06 pm.
*Select Board Meeting September 5, 2023 6 pm Stark Town Hall (Transfer Station Operating Plan)
*Select Board Meeting September 6, 2023 6 pm Stark Town Hall
*Planning Board Meeting September 20, 2023 7 pm
Patricia S. Peel, Office Manager
Glenn Wiggin, Select Board Chairman Date Approved
Lisa Demers, Select Board Member Jim Walsh, Select Board Member