TOWN OF STARK, NH
Select Board Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Stark Town Office
Call to Order
Select Board Chair, Glenn Wiggin, called the meeting to order at 6 pm.
Persons Present for All or Part of the Entire Meeting
Select Board Members: Glenn Wiggin, Lisa Demers, Jim Walsh; Office Manager, Patty Peel
Ray Perkins, Dennis Lunn, Rodney Monahan, Stephan Gilman, Bob Gale
Read and approve minutes from previous meeting—August 29, 2023
Select Board Chair, Glenn Wiggin, made a motion to waive reading of minutes, 2nd Lisa Demers
All SB members voted in the affirmative. Motion Passed
- Ray Perkins addressed the Select Board with his recommendation for a fence around the pond at the Transfer Station
- Jim Walsh made the following motion: Issue of fence be put on hold until the Operation Plan for the Transfer Station is submitted and approved; if the fence is necessary, funds would be submitted through a warrant article. 2nd by Lisa Demers Motion Passed Unanimously
- Transfer Station
- The Select Board reviewed and edited the Operating Plan for the Transfer Station from page 19 to the end.
- Stephan Gilman, Transfer Station Operator, addressed the SB with clarification on questions from last week.
- Broken bulbs go in the box with other bulbs; the box is sealed and a label on the box reports how many broken bulbs are in the box.
- The compactor needs to be emptied when the PSI is between 1500 and 1800. The trucking company should be notified when the monitor reaches a PSI of 1500.
- Pallets cannot be burned.
- Glenn Wiggin made the following motion: The Town does not allow oil of any kind to be dropped off at the Transfer Station. 2nd by Lisa Demers Motion Passed Unanimously
- Glenn Wiggin made the following motion: No smoking is allowed at the Transfer Station. 2nd by Jim Walsh Motion Passed Unanimously
- Glenn Wiggin made a motion to adjourn at 7:45 pm. 2nd by Jim Walsh Motion Passed Unanimously
*Select Board Meeting September 12, 2023 6 pm Stark Town Hall (Transfer Station Operating Plan)
*Select Board Meeting September 6, 2023 6 pm Stark Town Hall
*Planning Board Meeting September 20, 2023 7 pm
Patricia S. Peel, Office Manager
Glenn Wiggin, Select Board Chairman Date Approved
Lisa Demers, Select Board Member Jim Walsh, Select Board Member