TOWN OF STARK, NH
Select Board Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Stark Town Office
Call to Order
Select Board Chair, Glenn Wiggin, called the meeting to order at 6 pm.
Persons Present for All or Part of the Entire Meeting
Select Board Members: Glenn Wiggin, Lisa Demers, Jim Walsh; Office Manager, Patty Peel
Rodney Monahan, Stephan Gilman, Dennis Lunn, Tyrone Mickelboro, Bob Gale
Read and approve minutes from previous meeting—September 6, 2023
Select Board Chair, Glenn Wiggin, made a motion to waive reading of minutes, 2nd Lisa Demers
Motion Passed Unanimously
Sign Checks & Manifest 37 Totaling $88653.40
Signed Checks & Manifest 37.
Sign Heritage Center Check & Manifest 22 Totaling $275.00
Signed Check & Manifest 22.
- Select Board Member, Jim Walsh, asked why the Transfer Station closed early last Wednesday, when FD was toned out. Stephan Gilman explained that he responded to the call and Dennis Lunn must work under a supervisor’s license as he is not licensed yet.
- Transfer Station Closure Plan
- Select Board discussion regarding the Transfer Station Closure Plan. Changes need to be made to the measurement of the containers; this information can be found in the Operating Plan. The cost of closure will be increased by 10% in the new plan. Names of individuals hauling will be changed to “Hauler” and “Certified Refrigerant Recovery Company” where applicable.
- Jim Walsh asked if a cost for paving in front of Town Hall had been received? Lisa Demers is still waiting to meet with company paving at Heritage Center, hoping to have estimate for the Select Board meeting on September 20th.
- Glenn Wiggin gave an update from the highway department; road agent is looking at purchasing salt and sand for winter; potholes on Paris Road and Bell Hill Road are being filled in.
- The Select Board signed paperwork from Passumpsic Bank, adding Jim Walsh to the Town account.
- SB discussed the budget for line 4583 Patriotic; only $434.37 left for remainder of year. Jim Walsh will talk with Croteau Mowing regarding the mowing costs.
- Bob Gale asked for permission to do some roadside mowing in his neighborhood as a volunteer; SB has no problem with this.
Glenn Wiggin made a motion to adjourn at 6:30 pm, 2nd by Jim Walsh. Motion Passed Unanimously
Patricia S. Peel, Office Manager
Glenn Wiggin, Select Board Chairman Date Approved
Lisa Demers, Select Board Member Jim Walsh, Select Board Member
*Select Board Meeting September 20, 2023 6 pm Stark Town Hall
*Planning Board Meeting September 20, 2023 7 pm