TOWN OF STARK, NH
Select Board Meeting Minutes
Wednesday November 9, 2023
Stark Town Office
Call to Order
Select Board Member, Lisa Demers, called the meeting to order at 4 pm.
Persons Present for All or Part of the Entire Meeting
Select Board Members: Lisa Demers, Jim Walsh; Office Manager, Patty Peel
PSNH Property Tax Abatement Settlement
- Select Board members reviewed information gathered regarding PSNH Property Tax Abatement Appeal to decide on how to move forward with a settlement. The goal of the SB is to settle with PSNH for less than what the legal fees and expert opinions would cost. The SB has contacted PSNH and PSNH came back with an amount; based on that amount the SB will do more research prior to hiring an expert opinion to negotiate in court for a minimum of $10,000 plus legal expenses.
- Jim Walsh made a motion to contact Upton & Hatfield and tell them at this point in time we are not able to agree to hiring the expert as we need an extension to complete our research to make an informed decision. 2nd Lisa Demers Motion Passed Unanimously.
- Lisa Demers made a motion to continue a negotiation with PSNH/Eversource as part of our research. 2nd Jim Walsh Motion Passed Unanimously.
- The Select Board noted that this appeal is for the years 2019, 2020, 2021; SB will look ahead at 2022 in preparation of possible abatement denial appeal. SB recognizes that the Town should be considering what needs to be done in future years to avoid going to litigation with PSNH over assessments.
- Lisa Demers reported that the paving in front of Town Hall and Heritage Center is complete and trees on Percy Road have been removed.
- Jim Walsh shared that the No Outlet Sign has been put up on Molly Brook Road; Stop Sign on Emerson Road has been lifted to the correct height.
- Motion to adjourn by Lisa Demers, 2nd by Jim Walsh. Motion Carried. Meeting Adjourned 4:44 pm.
Patricia S. Peel, Office Manager
Lisa Demers, Select Board Member Jim Walsh, Select Board Member
*Select Board Meeting November 15, 2023 6 pm Stark Town Hall
*Planning Board Meeting December 13, 2023 6 pm Stark Town Hall